The growing sophistication and deployment complexity of digital transformation means that traditional approaches to workload deployment, governance and auditability management in a multi-cloud world no longer meet business expectations.
Global organizations are adopting the cloud operating model for their digital transformation projects, including mission-critical workloads. Whether to optimize the costs of running and managing global data centers or deploying a mission critical workload, they are leveraging the benefits of the cloud model to reduce their costs and time to value while ensuring security, governance and compliance.
The massive investments by Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Alibaba Cloud and VMware provide cloud alternatives, each with their own unique capabilities and value propositions. These cloud providers continue to innovate at a rapid pace and will continue to build and offer portfolios of cloud application services over the next decade to meet business needs.
Successfully migrating a data center and workload to the cloud and effectively manage the cost takes numerous steps including;
- Datacenter Analysis
- Cloud Account and Subscription Management
- Workload Resource Requirements
- Deployment Cost on Cloud
- Runbooks and Supporting Automation/Integration on Cloud
- Governance and Control on Cloud
- Workload Resiliency on Cloud
The Vnomic solution is a comprehensive solution for successfully migrating data centers and workloads to clouds as outlined below.
Migration to Cloud and Ongoing Management Steps
The Vnomic solution leverages the following five phases to successfully migrate workloads or datacenters to clouds and manage them effectively to reduce the cost and ensure security, governance and compliance.
Data Centers & Workloads Migration to Cloud & Management (Lift, Transform & Shift)
Ensure successful migrations to cloud with the automated analysis of what to migrate, what it will cost, and how to keep everything secure.
- Discover/Mine Knowledge of Current Workloads and Infrastructures
- Measure Against Operational and Financial Objectives as well as Best Practices
- Capacity Requirements and Normalization
- Analyze Cost, Capacity, Consumption, Security, Governance and Business-Specific Issues
Leverage Vnomic’ s advanced blueprinting capability to capture and maintain all your datacenter components in one blueprint, end to end, bringing an unprecedented level of control, security and business agility to your landscape deployment on the clouds.
- Specify Workload Entities With Their Requirements and Semantics
- Apply Migration Best Practices for Target Platform
- Map to Target Platform Resources, Governance and Costs
- Compute and Optimize Licensing and Resource Costs
Compute the costs to the penny and run what-if scenarios for your entire datacenter; also compute the projected costs on the clouds based on your specific organization’s discounts. Provide the workload level or lower granularity cloud consumption costs, forecast cloud costs, and automate cost reporting and right-size cloud expenses.
- Budgeting for All Datacenter Resources in Blueprint
- Capacity Planning, Monitoring Cloud Spend
- Specifying Aggregation and Context
- Calculating Costs and Change Over Time
- Cost center, Specific Application
- Alerting, Consumption Caps
- Efficiency, Server Scale-up vs. Scale-out
Automated End-to-End Deployment
Vnomic MetaDirector is an expert system that uses desired state technologies to compute and deploy a workload correctly on a cloud infrastructure while meeting the performance, security, governance and auditability requirements.
- Automate the Blueprint as a Desired State Specification
- Provision Multi-Cloud (Private/Hybrid/Public) Infrastructure
- Orchestrate Application Component Deployment
Governance, Cost and Capacity Management
Vnomic provides an unprecedented level of control and capabilities for global enterprises to effectively manage their governance, cost and capacity.
- Resource Tags, Resource Groups, Role-Based Access Control
- Resource Locks
- Audit, Policy, Naming Standards
- Cost Management
- Service Level Objectives Agreements
Cost Management and Optimization
- Budgeting for All Resources in Blueprint
- Capacity Planning and Monitoring Cloud Spend
- Specifying Aggregation and Context Through Blueprint
- Cost and Change Over Time
- Leverage Blueprint to Identify Appropriate KPIs
- Demand, Consistency and Utilization
- Specify Specific Metric Collection Contexts and Frequencies
- Profile Performance to Achieve Efficiency Baselines for Target Infrastructures
- Advice Regarding Improving Efficiency for Current and New Infrastructures